|GAMES NEWS||Receive Games News via RSS|
NCsoft is Working on a Console Version of 'Guild Wars 2'
Tags: Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, NCSoft, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, MMORPGs (all tags)
The trend of formerly PC exclusive titles making their way to consoles continues with the soon to be released MMORPG.
There are some games that have traditionally been PC only. It's not about exclusivity deals or marketing, but an issue of control schemes. Without a mouse and keyboard, titles like 'Diablo' and 'Command and Conquer' just haven't played well.
As of recently though, big name developers are giving consoles another go. Blizzard has announced that 'Diablo III' will be coming to consoles and now NCsoft says that a console version of 'Guild Wars 2' will be launched. The primary focus, they say, is still on the PC version.
'Guild Wars 2' will not have a monthly fee, which will certainly make it more palatable to the console audience, but it's the control scheme that could make or break the game.
- Most Recent Games Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More Games News...